1. Policy Introduction
Every Little Bit Helps Limited (ABN 16 617 970 751) (“Every Little Bit Helps”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects and uses personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
2. What person information we collect
The types of personal information that we may collect about you will depend on the type of dealings you have with us. For example, if you:
- become a supporter of Every Little Bit Helps, we may collect your name, address, phone number, post code, email address;
- make a donation to Every Little Bit Helps, we may collect your name, organisation’s name, contact details, the amount and frequency of your donation and payment details;
- send us an enquiry, we may collect your name, contact details, information about your circumstances and details of your query;
- apply for our assistance, we may collect information relating to the circumstances of the assistance required, name, contact information; and
- make a monetary donation we may collect financial information.
We may collect any other information requested on this website or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
If you are contacting us on behalf of another person or organisation requiring our assistance, we will also collect some personal information about you, including your name, contact details and your relationship to the person or organisation requiring our assistance.
Some personal information, such as information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, health information (including mental health information and information about a disability), genetic information and whether or not you have a criminal record is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Act. We may collect your sensitive information when we have your consent and when the collection is reasonably necessary for us to carry out one or more of our functions or activities.
If you are disclosing personal information to us (e.g. sensitive information), about another person, in providing that personal information to us you agree that:
- that person has agreed to you providing their personal information to us; and
3. Non-personally identifiable information
For each visitor to the website, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to pages viewed while browsing the site, browser and operating systems, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are on the site.
4. How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you correspond with us;
- if you have agreed to receive information from Every Little Bit Helps, your email address will be saved and used for personal email advertisements until you let us know that you wish to unsubscribe;
- when you visit a page from the Every Little Bit Helps website, we may collect your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the retrieved data and the version of your browser, as well as any information that is submitted by default;
- in person, for example, when we meet with a person or an organisation; and
- from third parties such as homeless shelters, community organisations.
5. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Every Little Bit Helps may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of responding to
enquiries from you and providing services to you or the care recipient whom you represent, to maintain our
relationship with you or the care recipient whom you represent, to comply with legal, regulatory, professional or
contractual requirements, to interact with relevant third parties (including service providers), or where you have
provided your consent for Every Little Bit Helps to do so.
Every Little Bit Helps will only use or disclose this personal information for: the purpose for which it was collected; any
related purpose for which it would reasonably be expected to be used or disclosed; a purpose required or permitted
by law; or a purpose for which the individual has provided consent.
Examples of instances where Every Little Bit Helps may disclose personal information about individuals to third parties
include disclosure to clients and prospective clients known by Every Little Bit Helps, providers of services to us,
government agencies, regulatory authorities, related bodies corporate of Every Little Bit Helps and our professional
advisers. Every Little Bit Helps requires its service providers to keep the personal information confidential and not use
it for any purpose other than performing those services.
Every Little Bit Helps is unlikely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
6. Security of Personal Information
Every Little Bit Helps takes reasonable measures to secure and protect personal information from misuse, interference,
loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Access to, and Correcting Personal Information
You may access or seek correction of your personal information held by Every Little Bit Helps by written request. Every
Little Bit Helps will respond to your request in accordance with its legal obligations under applicable privacy laws.
which a website uses to identify you when you come back to the site and to store details about your use of the site.
Cookies are not malicious programs that access or damage your computer. You have the option to accept or decline
cookies. You can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from
taking full advantage of the website.
9. Third party sites
Our website may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites,
for the privacy practices of such sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites. When you go to other
10. Intranet and Website
is also available upon request.
11. Concerns, Queries and Complaints
complaints should be directed to our Head Office.
following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. You should check this page from time to time
to ensure that you are aware of any changes.